Harmony Club
Jul 25, 2014, 19:17:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members please read the rules for the forum in Announcements and Administrations.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zifagong: The Most Wonderful Feeling with Qi - I  (Read 4995 times)
Master Tan
Club Owner
Harmony Nobleman

Knowing is Preparation.

« on: Sep 15, 2008, 14:08:53 »

I learned Taijiquan when I was 12 but it was too young an age to understand the working of Qi fully.  Shortly after, I had switched to practicing Karate for many years, which was more appealing to a hot-blooded young man at that time.  It has taught me discipline and about power, but not quite about Qi in the way Qigong could.  Although I am immersed in some areas of the Five Arts, living in a rat race pace city, I thought the idea of going for Qigong should be put off until the later years.  Therefore, though I am into the working of Heaven Qi and Earth Qi, the wonders of Human Qi would remain very remote to me.

Until last year (2007), that is. 

I was told about a very different Qigong practice for quite a few months early last year but I remained uninterested, even though it was by invitation only.  I did not believe such descriptions that a learner can be made to move continuously on his own just by standing relaxed in the beginning to get his body's Qi accelerated.  I made a trip to the session only after learning that the teacher is also a Fengshui master.  It was more of getting there to be acquainted with him than because I was convinced with what were described.

There were a few people practicing there.  Their eyes were closed, and their bodies were moving as if they were doing Taiji, except that their movements were all different.  Two teachers went around with either one palm placed near the forehead of the others, of both palms placed near their temples, to accelerated their Qi.  As I had also heard that some people would not react to the acceleration of Qi and remain standing still in such sessions for months, I immediately gave many excuses before I started.  I told the teacher that I am a meat eater, a lazy Buddhist, and whatever, so as to prepare some excuses if I, as a Shifu of sorts, fail to experience any movement at all.  But I was told just to stand relaxed with my eyes closed.

So, after taking up a position in the circular open space, I closed my eyes and listened to the Huayue 华乐 (Chinese instrumental music) being played on a portable hi-fi.  Relax, I told myself.  That much I was good at.  A few seconds after closing the eyes, my upper body began to mildly rock forward and backward.  Fine, it is natural, I thought, because the eyes were closed and it may have affected the bodily balance, or maybe the music played a part.  With the eyes closed, I could not know when my energy was being accelerated.  But I told myself to ignore the idea, and not to assume things, and continue to relax.  Just relax.  The back and forth movements of the upper body began to get bigger moments later, like a pendulum.  As an effort of keeping myself from falling backwards, my feet moved a step back to keep balance, and this continued for several repetitions.

Would I be falling off the edge at the boundary of this circular open space, or knocking back into some pillar? The worry crept up mildly, so I semi-consciously kept my left leg stationary.  But as the backward movement of the body was getting bigger and bigger, the right leg kept moving backwards to keep the balance.  When this action continued, I began rotating clockwise with the left leg as a pivot.  And it got faster and faster.  Were these movements the result of my Qi being accelerated?  I did not feel any heat coming through my forehead, if that is how Qi is supposed to be felt, but I was also conscious about not to resist the movements.  I kept the mind focused on nothingness and tried not to have any assumption, and I went on this rapid clockwise spinning for perhaps two dozen times and got very giddy.  Finally, I lowered my body on the ground.  Due to the momentum of spinning so many rounds standing, the clockwise movement made my body fall in the same direction as soon as I sat on the floor.

When the entire body was forced to lie on the floor in quick movements, I was somehow very, very at peace in my heart as vigorous full-bodily movements began.  With my eyes still closed, I could only imagine how my actions looked like.  The whole body felt as if one big wheel rotating, both my arms outstretched to rotate in clockwise manner, and the knees were pivotal for the lower body to make circles.  The actions were very fast, and even the head was rolling violently left and right.  I felt like a human size fan switched on, but the others told me later that I looked like an overturned turtle struggling to get up.

I could not keep count, but my peaceful mind could sense that this fast rotation went on for 3 or 4 dozen times.  Gradually, the actions of my legs began to slow, and now the two arms rotated on their own in an uncoordinated way, each arm making its own circles, and because of that, they hit on each other when they crossed path, and they also hit the floor.  Now the legs had rested flat on the floor.

These movements continued for many rounds, too, and then the two arms began to coordinate as if they were blades of a huge fan turning in a very fast manner so much so that they felt like flying off my shoulders.  Despite the vigorous movements, my heart was totally at peace, and began to express gratitude to many, many people whom I know, including even people I dislike, giving thanks to them for giving me challenges and difficulties in life and helping me to grow in difficult times.  It was like total inner peace, and I felt totally disconnected from the vigorous movements of the physical body.

These actions slowed gradually, and it changed back to the uncoordinated way again for a couple of dozen rotations.  Next, the upper arms began to become stationary, merely supporting the forearms for making smaller clockwise rotations, as if they were two smaller fans in front of me.  Many rotations later, the forearms had stopped too, and only the wrists were left to turn for a short while before all movements stopped, and I was just lying flat on the concrete floor.

I opened the eyes peacefully, but it took me sometime to sit up.  The entire process took an hour.  The stomach was queasy as a result of the vigorous actions, but the mind was experiencing enormous peace.  It was a wonderfully calm feeling.

It is Mainly Your Negative Energy that Sucks You into the Never-Ending Cycles of Reincarnation.
Master Tan
Club Owner
Harmony Nobleman

Knowing is Preparation.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2008, 14:15:29 »

I would not have believed what I have experienced.  I asked the teacher why did I end up like a overturned turtle when my Qi was accelerated, and that my actions were so rapid and vigorous most of the time, while others I saw were all on their feet, as if they were practicing Taiji with their eyes closed.  He said that my Qi was relieving the anger and angst in me, but I was not too sure about it.  I thought I was always calm.  I found his words to be true only the next day, when I was exceptionally accommodative to noises, boisterous rascals, and many other disturbances.  I was also told that the Qi that they infused into us merely serves to activate what we have in our body in the first place, and after that, the Qi of each individual will run in the way the body needs it most, for healing physical and emotional deficiencies.  It is called Natural Qigong 自然气功.

It was great.  I immediately felt that I was embarking on phase two into the realm of metaphysics, 12 years after graduating from my formal classes.

Last month, I came across a Chinese book, titled 自发功 on this school of Qigong that enlightened me with its theory.  The book describes the conscious yet very relaxed state of mind as the Qigong mode, in between a sleeping state and being awake, where the alpha wave in the brain is lowered.  The initial back and forth movements I had was the work of my bodily Qi on the two major Ren and Du meridians (任督二脉).  So, I had the best of all possible beginnings.  And spinning is the fastest way the energy clears the blockages in the meridians.  In a lying position, when the body is fully in touch with the floor, it is the quickest way to get rid of bad energy in the body when Qi is accelerating.  Whether the bad energy is of health issues, or more in my case, the bad karma carried by the clients and some of the old Fengshui houses I have audited, which have been inevitably partly transferred onto me.  More or less the same set of movements was repeated for about half a year, before I was not made to lie on the floor anymore.  Going with the rapidity and intensity of the movements in my first session, I must have had accumulated huge amounts of negative energy in me.  I have had several breakthroughs since then, and except raining days, the weekly Qigong session is my top priority in life.

It is Mainly Your Negative Energy that Sucks You into the Never-Ending Cycles of Reincarnation.
Shao Peng
Junior Plus Member

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 02:02:42 »

Hi Master Tony, after reading your article, I was wondering if it is true if the body can move without any action or energy coming from our nerves.  So I decided to try it out.  While I (Kenneth too) was once a student of Nam Wah Pai (they teach 硬气功 by the way), they taught us how to 运气 (direct qi around our body system).  During those times, we just learned what the instructor told us to do, or maybe I wasn't paying attention, I didn't exactly remember how to make use of the skill.

Nevertheless, it was very easy for me to go into body relaxation mode, while standing with foot pointing towards the front.  Like what you said, I felt my hips turning round and round in the beginning, I was quite surprised.  Then my legs start to move next.  This could just keep going non-stop had I not put a control to these movement.  Wow, the feeling was great and as usual, I begin to perspire.  Of course I didn't end up like a overturned turtle.  Grin

So Master Tony, what's next after moving for quite sometime?  Do you just stop gracefully or do you just continue until your body is feeling tired.
Master Tan
Club Owner
Harmony Nobleman

Knowing is Preparation.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:46:38 »

Shao Peng, since Qi is the inner energy within all of us, we are able to control it and use it much like we control and use our physical strength.  However, most people do not get to experience it because of disbelief and ignorance.  Just like how we see metaphysics, there has to be some extent of belief in the first place, then would we go on to learn it and experience it and understand that it is not a superstition.  However, it is easier for a person to experience Qi, because it is in us, than for someone who does not believe in metaphysics to understand it.

When you believe that we have Qi and that we can induce its movements, and if your brain can get to a low alpha wave level - a very relaxed and almost asleep but conscious state, you will be able to feel its activation.  As in your experience, you can let it flow freely and witness where does it go next, and just enjoy the process.  It is a very pleasant feeling compared to how you would direct it for improving your physique and strength directly as in some other Qigong practices (硬气功).

Now, after you are able to induce it on your own, you can try to direct it, in terms of focusing on what other parts of the body you wish it to go to.  It is not done by forcing your thought onto it, but more like you are inviting a friend and giving him the permission to move freely in your home.  The more peaceful and cordial your invitation, the more it will flow freely.  When you consciously wish to stop feeling the flow, it will stop.  Therefore, you can stop it anytime, or after your physical body is exhausted after moving for hours.

Since you have brought up the topic, I shall share in the next posts my progress in the practice so far.  Dr Chan had joined me in the sessions for quite some time now, and perhaps he can also contribute his personal experience with the practice.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: